Thursday 17 November 2011

Happythankyoumoreplease, Paracetamol and Cold Compress

Me: Huh? What's the title?
Jomar: Happythankyoumoreplease.
Me: What?! Are you sure?

It's a weird title, yes it is. But real artistry doesn't come clean. If it does, then it wouldn't be a thing of beauty at all. Jomx got sick that night so it was my social obligation to make him feel better by making grilled cheese sandwiches and bottomless hot choco. (it's just Milo actually. Just made it sound fancy. wuahaha!) So while administering the periodic cold compress on his forehead, we landed on Star Movies and this movie was just getting started.


It was a really nice film. It has great lines as well as bad ass acting and cinematography. It's a film about love, being loved, finding love and being found. It's about giving your life a chance to be happy, and be a joy for others as well. It's about embracing your whole being and be proud of it. It's about appreciating yourself, and believing that you're beautiful. It's about knowing when and why you should take chances and risks, and how to learn from their outcomes. It's about throwing away that dagger of cautiousness you keep on the side. It's about learning that you can never be enough for yourself, but in reality, there is actually someone who thinks that you're already perfect. It's the same someone who gives you tons of kisses just so your mouth would close when you are sleeping; that same someone who finds you most beautiful in the morning despite your puffy eyes and the traces of evening drool on the sides of your mouth.

Yep, someone isn't a figment of my imagination. Someone exists; and Someone was right there beside me until the movie ended. I stroked Someone's hair until Someone fell asleep. I kissed Someone goodnight and thanked  the heavens for giving me another chance at life.

I'm happy, I'm thankful, but I don't think I'd still want for anything more. Maybe on some other upgrades for our meager middle class existence, super yes to that! (A retirement home for my family and an entertainment showcase for Papa, and of course world peace, among others)





But with this.. ^^^^ nah. I'm good. I'm found and I found it. I'm going to stick to that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

So, wadda ya think?